A dirty roof…or should we say, a roof that’s filled with debris and other things can cause problems with your roof’s condition and functionality.
Keeping your roof clean is imperative. It can include benefits such as aesthetic value, the likelihood to discover roof damage early and the possible extended longevity of the roof. This way, you can save yourself a lot more money and your home/family will be effectively protected from the elements.
We’re going to show you the tools that you need to use to get your roof cleaning done. Check them out below…
- Ladder: Of course, you’re going to need this to actually get up onto the roof. Make sure the ladder you choose is sturdy and has foot stays.
- Plywood: Get this to help distribute your weight across the tiles. If you don’t use this, when you walk on the tiles, they may crack.
- Cleaning Chemicals: You definitely need this to help you effectively clean your roof. You can use sodium hydroxide based cleaners and other professional products. You can also use a chlorine and water solution.
- Pressure Washer: You must use this for roof tile cleaning. You need to have the washer and the appropriate nozzles for the various tiles. A pressure of about 1200 psi to 1500 psi will safely and effectively clean the tiles of stains and dirt.
- Primers, Sealant, Paint: You may want to re-coat the seal and paint to keep the tiles free from dirt and moss infestation. The cleaning may have caused the coatings and paint to erode.
- Replacement Tiles: Do some repairs on minor damages that you found through cleaning.
- Dry, Clean Cloth Rugs: You’ll need these to buff the roof so that you can remove the efflorescence.
If you need the help of roof contractors to get an inspection and a free estimate for your roof installation, repair, or replacement, get in touch with us today. Right where you are in Nashville, you can find the best service for all your roofing needs. We’re Nashville Metal Roofing and we care about you and your home’s renovation.