There are a lot of compelling reasons you should consider metal roofing, probably because no one ever told you. That’s okay – we’re here to empower you with some info about metal roofing so that you can make a decision or choose the option that best caters to your needs.
- Metal roofing materials are more expensive that asphalt/fiberglass shingle roofing materials (which have a 20-year warranty). On the other hand, metal roofing materials are much cheaper than high-end architectural shingles.
- You can walk around on your metal roof to do your inspections, maintenance, repairs or renovation.
- Many people have the perception that metal roofs are noisy when rain falls. They actually aren’t any noisier than the other types or roofing materials.
- Metal roofing can stand up quite well to hail damage, even better than asphalt/fiberglass shingles. They have one of the highest impact resistance and hail ratings by most insurance companies. You may even receive reduced rates for metal roofs, because of this characteristic.
- Metal roofing materials are quite wind resistant as well. They can withstand hurricane force winds, which can climb as high as 120mph.
- Metal roofing materials can stand up quite well to fires as well. They are non-combustible and they have acquired Class “A” rating in that field.
- With a metal roof, your home can actually stay cooler in the summer months than if it was covered by asphalt/fiberglass shingles, tile, wood, etc., because metal roofing tends to have a higher heat reflectivity than those materials.
- Your home or commercial building can also stay warm in the winter, with metal roofing because from the inside, the material reflects heat back into the building.
- Metal roofing materials are known to last almost 50 years after they have been installed, before they begin to corrode. They are galvanized coated steel panels and they are coated by polymer and metallic coatings.