So you want to do some new roofing, but you also want to stick to your budget and you don’t know how to do those two things at the same time? Don’t worry – all you have to do is evaluate your roofing materials. There are some very affordable roofing materials that you can use to build your roof. We’ll describe them for you below.
- It’s the cheapest of the bunch, costing approximately $1.00/sq. ft.
- There are organic and non-organic versions of it. The organic ones are more expensive than their counterparts.
- They come in a variety of colors.
- They are quite durable but high winds and ice can cause them some damage.
- A substitute for the shingles is rolled asphalt. It acts in the same way as the shingles, except that it has to be rolled over the roof and fastened with nails.
- This is the 2nd cheapest roofing material, costing approximately $1.80/sq. ft.
- This type of material was used for roofing for a long time, but was extremely expensive then.
- Galvanized steel is used to make the metal roofing materials of today and is great for areas which are prone to hurricanes.
- These can cost up to $70/sq. ft. or more, but can amount to more depending on the style and the manufacturer.
- The two types of wooden shingles are standard shingles and shakes.
- Cedar shingles last a long time because they don’t decay easily.
- These can cost up to $150/sq. ft. or more.
- The material is mold, insect, decay and fire resistant.
- They are very durable, long-lasting and they are actually quite heavy as well.
If you need the help of roof contractors to get an inspection and a free estimate for your roof installation, repair, or replacement, get in touch with us today. Right where you are in Nashville, you can find the best service for all your roofing needs. We’re Nashville Metal Roofing and we care about you and your home’s renovation.