Taking care of any type of roof you have is one of the keys to keeping your home and family safe and comfortable. It can help you to save time and money as well. Tiles are great for harsh weather conditions and for pest resistance. You can also enjoy the different colors, the aesthetics and thermal properties that your roof offers. It’s a pretty good, strong roof.
You won’t have to spend as much effort repairing or replacing your tile roof if you just take the time to maintain it regularly and this is the way you do it. In fact, it can last more than 100 years if you do that. We’ll show you what exactly you need to do:
- Do a roof inspection periodically: You should take the time to look at the tiles to see if any are chipped or cracked. Although the tiles are very durable, they still have the tendency to get damaged. You should try to keep your tiles safe and prevent future problems with them.
- Avoid pressure washing your roof: It can be quite damaging to your tiles. A better way to clean your tiles is to use a 6-inch trowel and a wire brush. Pressure washing can actually erode your concrete tiles or they can get through the actual tile and get the felt and start a flood in the roof space.
- Do some roof refurbishment: When you’re finished washing and cleaning your roof, you need to let it dry and then do some things that can be like a sort of invigoration process. Take the time to buff your roof, prime it, paint and seal it so that it continues to offer you the best possible level of roof protection.
- Quickly replace the tiles on the roof that are damaged: Don’t hesitate to remove tiles that are broken, cracked or chipped, and replace them with new ones. If you don’t they will alter your roof’s overall ability to resist the weather elements. Also, remember to replace the roof’s underlayment before you install the new tiles.
- Be careful how you walk on your tile roof: Remember that you have to be careful how you tread on the tile roof. A good way to walk on your roof is to lay down plywood to use as walkways on your roof, so that your weight will be evenly distributed and lessen the likelihood of damage. Also, you should never walk around the edges of the tile or along parts of the roof where the tiles that have been specially cut.
If you are looking for roofing in Nashville, then you have come to the right place and we can help you with all of your roofing and contracting needs with our certified roofers and contractors in Nashville. We start with an inspection and a free estimate for your roof installation, repair, or replacement. Sometimes storms happen and we are there for you to fix leaky roofs and more. We offer both commercial and residential roofing services for the dynamic communities of Nashville Tennessee and surrounding areas.