We Offer Durable Modified Bitumen Roofing In Nashville
If your business is in need of a durable roofing system for its low-slope or flat roof, then you’re in the right place. At Tennessee Contracting Services, we offer modified bitumen roofing, which is an excellent option for buildings with flat or low-slope roofing structures.
With a modified bitumen roofing system, our Nashville roofers mix layers of bitumen membranes with unique polymers to create a durable roof with properties similar to rubber or plastic. Thanks to its strength and reliability, the popularity of modified bitumen roofing has risen steadily ever since it was introduced to the U.S. more than 30 years ago.
Modified Bitumen Roofing History and Characteristics
First created in Western Europe in the 1960s, modified bitumen roofing was invented to fill a need for more durable roofing systems. Prior to the invention of modified bitumen roofing, the most common roofing types used were sheeting rolls and asphalt shingles, which tended to dry out and become damaged too easily.
Modified bitumen roofing has many characteristics in common with built-up roofing systems but it’s easier to apply. The membrane that’s used in modified bitumen roofing is actually comprised of multiple layers that are assembled during the manufacturing process.
In the factory, several sheets of modified bitumen are augmented with additional materials, such as woven fiberglass, and then finished with a top surface coating. This coating helps to deflect the sun’s UV rays which keeps the surface of the roof cooler.
Advantages of Modified Bitumen Roofing
Modified bitumen roofing has more than earned its popularity. This roofing system offers a variety of advantages, including:
- Durability – Modified bitumen roofing is extremely strong and durable. This roofing system is known for its exceptionally high-tensile strength, which means that it’s less likely to crack, break, or be damaged.
- Protection Against the Elements – Modified bitumen roofing systems are also rated highly for their resistance to wind, fire, rain, and hail. When storms roll through the Nashville area, you can rest easy knowing that the roof of your business will likely be undamaged.
- Longevity – If you’re in the market for a roofing system that will last, modified bitumen roofing is an excellent choice. Our Nashville roofers continue to recommend this roofing system because it’s longer lasting than many other flat roofing materials; a properly installed modified bitumen roofing system can easily last up to 20 years or more.
- Inexpensive – When compared to other commercial roofing applications, modified bitumen roofing has one of the lowest costs per square foot. Modified bitumen roofing is also relatively easy for our Nashville roofers to install, which means you save money on labor costs.
- Low Maintenance – During the majority of its lifespan, modified bitumen roofing requires very little maintenance. Once it nears the end of its 20-year lifespan, our Nashville roofers can apply coatings to further extend its serviceable life.
Contact Our Nashville Roofers Today
Whatever roofing challenges you have facing you, our Nashville roofers are prepared to help. We can install a new modified bitumen roofing system, make roofing repairs, provide roofing maintenance, inspect your current roof, and more.