Before you know it, the beach days will be back. The tank tops, mini-skirts, sunglasses and t-shirtless days will return. It’ll be that time again, when you don’t have to cloak up or stay indoors and feed on hot chocolate to survive the cold. It’s summer time! However, you’ll have to plaster on that SPF to stop the sun from turning you into a raisin.
The summer sun can be really brutal, not only to your skin, but to your roof as well. Not only do you need to protect yourself from the harsh rays of the sun, you’ve also got to protect your roof from it too. That’s right – it can quite a lot of damage to your roof, so we advise that you follow these tips to help keep your roof cool. Check them out…
- Use metal roofing. They are naturally reflective when they’re not painted, but they may hold in heat so it’s a better idea to use them for steep roofs, instead of low-sloping or flat roofs. A great option for metal roofing is to get a cool roof (which is simply a coated metal roof).
- Use the correct shingles. You need to ensure that you’re using the right shingles, which are cool asphalt shingles. They contain specially coated reflective granules that help them reflect sunlight.
- Use a roof mist cooling system. This system checks the temperature of your roof with sensors and then sprays a tiny bit of water across the roof, letting the water evaporate and cool down the roof.
- Use nature. Plat a tree near your home (but not too close) to help shade it from the sun or from other weather. (Remember that this is not an immediate fix for your summer heat problems).
- Use proper ventilation. Use things like ridge vents, insulation, wind turbines, soffits and radiant barrier to cost effectively keep your roof cool.
If you are looking for roofing in Nashville, then you have come to the right place and we can help you with all of your roofing and contracting needs with our certified roofers and contractors in Nashville. We start with an inspection and a free estimate for your roof installation, repair, or replacement. Sometimes storms happen and we are there for you to fix leaky roofs and more. We offer both commercial and residential roofing services for the dynamic communities of Nashville Tennessee and surrounding areas.